Tuesday, October 3, 2017

September Wrap-Up 2017

September has come and gone. It started out hot and then got deliciously cold with lots of rain. Fall is in the air and I love it! We had a tenant unexpectedly move out in the middle of the month and of course it was one of the rentals that has not been remodeled so we've been working on a smaller scale remodel but keep running into problems. I'm SO over these remodels! Oh well. We're really close to being done and I still managed to read 8 books so it can't be all bad right?


IT by Stephen King
I was expecting horror but got an amazingly well fleshed out story that blew me away!

Invaded by Melissa Landers
The plot go going in this one and encouraged me to read the last book in the series...

United by Melissa Landers
...Which was a bit of a let down. All in all, it's a fine series but I found it a little unbelievable.

The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutoski
After loving books one and two I was DEVASTATED by this one. It felt like I was reading about completely different characters and Arin did NOT redeem himself!

Jane Unlimited by Kristin Cashore
Not at all what I was expecting but a fun, unique story.

Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson 
Laughed so hard I cried. That's a good thing, right?

The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain 
Not enough conflict and then I wondered why the hell I need so much conflict? Brought on some deep introspection.

The Book Shop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
Uh, again I felt like there wasn't enough conflict...or that there was but it was too easily resolved. Talk about a charmed life???

Favorites of the month were Furiously Happy and IT. Least Favorite was The Winner's Kiss. Made me so mad!

12 comments:

  1. Awesome month of reads! I'm jealous, lol. I'm glad you enjoyed most of the books even if only two were favorites. :D I'm sorry you had a bad one in the bunch, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 books isn't bad for being busy! I'm glad fall is here as well. :)

    I have no idea when I'll get around to doing a month in review post (honestly I'm kind of hoping Kate does one first but I know she's super busy right now too) but I'll let you know I only read ONE book. I'm hopeful that now that things are settling down at school that there will be more books in my future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes one book is a huge accomplishment.

      Delete
  3. Glad September went better for you...sorry you're in yet another remodel! As for books without a lot of conflict...I call those books happy escapism! They're great when I already have enough conflict in my own life. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't quite figure out why they hug me. I should love them.

      Delete
  4. I think you're doing well with your reading despite your busy schedule. Furiously Happy sounds good to me; we all need a good laugh in this stressful world we are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. To be fair, I read most of IT in August but finished it in September so that's where I count it.

      Delete
  6. 8 books is pretty good! The Bookshop on the Corner has such a homey bookstore cover lol. Bummer it was a little too easily resolved, but hopefully it wasn't all bad. Jane Unlimited sound interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a good reading month! I read IT a long time ago and can't remember much about it. Not sure I'm up for a re-read and I'm definitely going to avoid the movie. Ha ha. I'm a wimp, what can I say??

    ReplyDelete