Monday, August 14, 2017

Review: Attachments

Title Attachments
By Rainbow Rowell
Genre Adult Contemporary Romance
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
Burned once twice shy Lincoln still lives at home with his mother much to his mother's delight and sister's frustration. Endlessly getting college degrees has become a hobby and he's just landed a cushy job monitoring employee emails at a big newspaper. Content, eating his mother's delicious cooking and playing D&D on the weekends, Lincoln has no real motivation to make any changes but when he begins reading emails between two girls at his office he finds himself immersed in their lives and falling for one of them  but she's never be interested in a big oaf like him...would she?

First Sentence
"Would it kill you to get here before noon?"

After reading all of Rainbow Rowell's books but Carry On (didn't like that part of Fangirl so no thanks) and disliking most of them, or just not being wowed, I had very low expectations for this one. So it was to my great surprise that I ended up loving it. Not just loving it but adoring it! Like Madly, deeply adoring it. I want to buy a hard copy so I can lovingly hold it and read about sweet, shy, adorkable, Lincoln over and over again!

And it wasn't just Lincoln. Beth and Jennifer felt like long lost friends. I loved their emails to each other almost as much as I loved Lincoln. I felt like I knew them and could have joined right in a conversation with them. I've always loved reading books written in epistolary form and that mixed with Lincoln made this the perfect book for me.

I've been pushing this book on just about anyone who hasn't read it yet and had such a huge book hangover after reading it. Sigh! Don't you just love when a book does that to you?

While I did find the ending a bit fantastical I liked putting reality on hold and just embracing the magic of an attraction that strong. It was wonderful.

Should you read it
You haven't read it yet? Hold on, just give me your address and I'll send it to you so long as you drop whatever crap book you're reading right now and read this one instead.

15 comments:

  1. Ha! I love your "Should you read it" section on this one. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I really loved it too. And, I also loved Lincoln. I just wish Lincoln and Beth had had more than two chapters together at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I enjoyed the build up to their meeting enough that I was ok with the ending.

      Delete
  2. I had a brief encounter with one of Rowell's other books, didn't like it, didn't finish it, and haven't tried any of her others. So it's good to know she has a really good one out there that I just might like. :) Especially that whole epistolary part of it...I love epistolary novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great. I really didn't like her others so this one surprised me. It's the exception to the rule. You should try it.

      Delete
  3. That synopsis cracks me up. Living with his mom and eating her cooking lol. This does sound fun and I've seen lots of good reviews. I really need to read this. :) Glad this was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. I'd be interested to see what you think.

      Delete
  4. If you're willing to send me a free copy of the book, I'll read it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first Rainbow Rowell book I read and I loved it as well. I loved FANGIRL (except for the bit that is fleshed out in CARRY ON), too. Haven't read anything else by Rowell, though. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not missing much. This one was great but I didn't even like Fangirl.

      Delete
  6. I didn't think I would like this book, but it ended up being great. I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete