Monday, June 27, 2016

Review: Finding Wild

Title Finding Wild'
By Megan Wagner Lloyd
Genre Children's Picture book
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
Two kids set off on an adventure to find wild.

First Sentence
What is wild?





I don't usually review children's books but one of my fellow book clubber's sister wrote this beauty and I couldn't resist reading and reviewing it. I honestly thought it would be all preachy about how kids need to get off the couch and back to playing outside (which they do) but I wasn't in the mood to be preached to. I was completely wrong!

This lovely book follows two children as they investigate the beautiful great outdoors. From forests and meadows to the ocean and mountains. I loved the illustrations and the poetic writing. While some of the words might go over little kid's heads, I still think it's a good books to read to them. It's short and has a lot to look at. And hopefully it will make kids want to get off that couch and go play outside.



12 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! Maybe I can pick it up for my niece and great nieces and nephews- anything to inspire them to get outside and moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love picture books! I don't think I'll ever grow out of reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks cute. I might have to read it with my niece and nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very pretty book! I don't read a lot of children's books, but a friend and I somehow always end up in bookstores perusing them. I'll definitely have to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes I end up in the children's section myself.

      Delete
  5. I really liked the illustrations too. And, the writing was very well done. I enjoyed the book a lot and can't wait to give it to the little kids in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like children's books with subtle messages. Preachy books suck.

    ReplyDelete