Friday, December 11, 2015

Rant & Rave #4



                                      Rant & Rave
Rave
Two Jacks Pizza. If you're from Utah you need to go eat here. Everyone has their favorite little pizza place, and this one in mine. I love pizza but this pizza....sooo good. I go here a couple times a week it's THAT good. Look at that puffy warm crust! Seriously, people. It's heavenly. Every time I go there and see that someone just ate the inside of the pizza and left their crusts...makes me die a little inside.  I honestly can't say much more than that. I'll just let the picture do the talking. 
Rant

These new seat belt laws. I'm telling you, people. We're two inches from living under marshal law. I get a lot of laws. I really do but not this one. The only person you're endangering when you're not wearing a seat belt is who????You! That's it. It's not like you're a ticking time bomb just because your stupid seat belt isn't on. And don't give me all that "safety" crap. What if I don't want to be safe? Maybe I enjoy living on the edge. Or maybe I'm just suicidal...or maybe I just want to be able to choose for myself whether wearing a seat belt is necessary each time I get in the car. Some times, not all the time, but sometimes they DON'T save lives. They take lives. Just sayin'. I'd like to make the choice myself. Guess that's not an option anymore. What's next? A law on how you can wear your hair or how many piercings you can have? It's coming, people. It's coming. 

So there you have it. Go to Two Jacks and try their pizza...but wear you seat belt. It's the DAMN law! 

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know they passed new seatbelt laws. That's how out of the loop I am or how little I pay attention to those things. I think I've eaten at Two Jacks Pizza. Is that place on Center in Provo? Or somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. They can now pull you over and ticket you for not wearing a seat belt. Two jacks is on center st in Provo. Soooo good.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you guys didn't have seat belt laws over there! We've had it here forever. If you have under 16s in the car and they're not wearing seatbelt as the driver it's your fault and you're the one who gets fined!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My professor was also the county coroner and he had this whole shpill about seatbelts and it's pretty much a 50-50 chance on them saving your life. He chose not to wear one. As for Two Jacks Pizza, I must visit this place you speak of... next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you live? We've had seatbelt laws in America for at least a decade...probably longer! I think here, the "rights" issue comes with insurance. Death numbers each year go WAY up when people don't wear seatbelts, which pushes insurance premiums up for all of us. That's the argument I've always heard. I have known of many, many people who would still be here today if they'd only been wearing a seatbelt when they had an accident. Of course, it's always up to you. I think the fine for not wearing a seatbelt here is very minimal so it's not really worth worrying about if someone feels it violates their rights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly I need to plan a trip to Provo so I can try this pizza. I love pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a great pizza place. I don't have one I can rave on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'll be in Provo in January. I'll have to give Two Jacks a go. Sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess it's almost always been the law where I've been, so I don't think twice about it. Plus I do keep a small knife in my car just in case I have to cut my way out of the seat belt (and I can use the handle to break the window if needs be). But, I don't always wear one in the backseat, because I am a rebel. ;)

    ReplyDelete