Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


Today  The Broke and the Bookish asks the question: What Authors I'd Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast?

Um, k, forget 10 authors...it would just be me and...


Yes, this handsome fellow, Markus Zusak.  We'd have tons and tons of yummy foods and desserts and he'd have hours and hours just to sit and talk to me about, oh, everything!  Yeah, he's handsome and so amazingly talented that I might be very nervous, but I think he'd make me feel at ease in no time, and then would come all the talking. And, oh, the conversations we'd have!



Alright, alright! But a girl can dream can't she?  I do have other authors I'd love to sit down with too.


Gary D Schmidt
Neal Shusterman
Kate Griffin
Dean Koontz
J K Rolling
Isobelle Carmody
Christopher Paolini
Brodi Ashton
Diane Setterfield

The funny thing is I haven't met any of these people but  Markus and Brodi, so I can't, for certain, tell you who I'd actually want to sit down with. Sure, their books are good but what if they, themselves, are horribly boring, or ill mannered, or just plain annoying?! So, yeah, I think I'll just imagine my meal with Markus, if you don't mind? ;)

15 comments:

  1. And I would be creeping at your window, jealous that you were hanging out with Markus Zusak all alone all night. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah . . . Markus Zusak *sigh* I'd also be really interested to talk to Diane Setterfield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L.L, I suppose if it was really cold I'd let you in for dessert. ;)

    Trish, Diane would be interesting wouldn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. That's hilarious! And, you do make a good point. I've talked with a few on Twitter so I know kind of how they are. Hmmm... I may have to rethinking mine a little bit, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at you and Markus. Great idea...I hope it comes to fruition somehow ;)

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. *swoon* Markus Zusak would be perfect. He was divine at Provo library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenni, Yeah, I started thinking that after I wrote the list. What if they weren't as cool as we think they are?

    Cait, If only. :(

    Holly, I know! Wasn't he? I would love to just sit and listen to him for several more hours. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I haven't seen a picture of Marcus Zusak before but he is yummy! Makes me think I should try reading one of his books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie, Yes, he is very yummy! He's also a freaking genius, you should try one...OK ALL of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, what? All to yourself? No way no fair! :) Too bad he's married you know, he's the perfect age for you.:(

    Hey, how is it you get so many Markus Zusak comments and whenever I go on and on about him all I get is a bunch of rolling eyeballs?!!! Whatever whatever.

    By the way, the rest of your list isn't too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suey, Oh, alright! You can come. ;) I thought all the Markus comments were weird too. Usually nobody knows who I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! Based on how many lists he's on, the poor man would pop from all that food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Megan, LOL! Too true. I'd like to think he'd turn down all those invitations and just come to my dinner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. TOTALLY agree with your list. Well, the one's I have heard of. JK. ROWLING = MY IDOL. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. iLuvReadingTooMuch, She's great!

    ReplyDelete