Thursday, June 2, 2011

May Wrapup

Grrrr! Not the greatest of reading months but here's how it went.

That Summer by Sara Dessen
I just didn't get the protagonist's big freaking deal with being tall.


Heist Society by Ally Carter
I enjoyed the heist but missed getting to care and feel for the characters.


Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Fun, fast read filled with magic and quirky characters.

Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
Well, a new character crush was developed in this one.

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Fun story based on mythology


Forever by Pete Hamill
Oh, Gag! What a nightmare this one was!

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K Le Guin
Pleasantly surprised with this one.

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Tolerate the annoying protagonist and you'll enjoy a light summer read.

So, My Favorite of the month would have to be, Sean Griswold's Head, just cause Sean was so great! My least Favorite was definitely, Forever, in fact, it might be my least favorite of the year! So what did you read this month?

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenny. I completely understand the frustration. May began with a pop and went out with a fizzle for me. Thank goodness June is here to show it up! I'm glad to see that you liked Garden Spells. I've been wanting to read that one and it looks like it will be worth picking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla, Garden Spells is a fun read. Here's to June being a better reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great list to me, even if you didn't like some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suey, Yeah, and I'm a whole 12 books ahead of schedule on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your recap. Reactions are really the best part about reading bloggers book reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, Thanks, I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete